Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Final Reel Repairs

We finally got the parts we needed to repair our Abu Garcia 6501 reel.

We didn't need all these pieces - just the little tiny setscrew. Oh well, guess the spares are good to have.

Here is the "cowboy" fix we did - it worked great except for all the snickers and giggles from our fishing buddies...

... and the drag couldn't be adjusted...

Here is the finished fix.


While we were at it, we added line to another reel... and when trying to adjust the drag, the entire reel action quit working.

So... we tore this one down, and did some fixin'.

It is working well now, and the drag is much smoother. There really isn't alot to these machines on the inside...